Do you have knowledge you long to share? Are you happy chatting on camera? Get in touch!
Pathfinders are looking for a panel of contributors for our PA training course. Contributors will give us their thoughts and ideas on the modules we are developing and contribute to the modules through video-interviews with the presenter.
This programme supports PAs to learn how to better work with their employer to support them as a person with a muscle-weakening condition. We will teach this course across thirteen modules, both delivered individually and as part of an online conference.
You should be:
- Confident and happy to record parts of the PA training course
- Aware of the issues facing people with muscle-weakening conditions and their PAs
- Willing to contribute to at least one of the thirteen modules (and ideally more)
- Happy to talk about your personal experience as a PA employer
- Comfortable with Zoom and be willing to adjust settings as instructed
You should have
- Experience or an interest in being on screen (e.g. vlogging, Twitch streaming, TV presenting etc)
- Reliable internet with a computer, microphone, webcam and background suitable for recording yourself
This role is freelance / self-employed.
There are 13 modules. We anticipate this project running over 12 weeks (from 4th October). You will attend planning meetings. We will pay per project meeting you attend and per video-module you participate in. The exact rate is TBC depending on number of contributors.
We will structure the work by mutual arrangement 4th Oct- 23rd Dec 2021. We may offer further work Jan-March, but cannot guarantee this.
Dependent on your availability, you will:
- Attend meetings to discuss the project and contribute to its progress, with Julian Fiorentini and others as required, at a mutually convenient time.
- Work with Julian and the host and experts to outline and roughly script the training modules you are participating in.
- Attend a video-briefing for each module you are participating in individually to ensure that you are happy with the outline and content
- Undertake any revisions or re-recordings that are necessary for reasons of content or quality
- Fill in this form to tell us about yourself and which of the modules you would want to contribute to, along with what you’d say
- The form will ask you to link to a video of up to 3 minutes in which you should
- Introduce yourself
- Tell us one thing you’ve learned about employing PAs/carers
- Tell us one thing you would do differently if you were a new PA employer now
- There is no right or wrong answer here – we just want to see how you think, engage, and present your thoughts and ideas